06 September 2013

Road show

I'm finally on the road to losing fat again.  Thank goodness.  It took such a long time to turn around and get my mental and emotional ducks in a line to start doing this again. 


In the past 3 years I discovered protein drinks and protein bars to help me deal with hunger while at work.   I had  them instead of high-carb treats or caffeine.  I was using Herbalife brand in the past, (but stopped because the pyramid sellers struck me as less than completely honest even though they were staunch Christians), then found Pure Protein bars which I still like, (not the taste but the grams of protein per calorie count), and even though I am always at health food stores I didn't discover Spirutein until this month.  Oh well, better late than never.  I' bought about 30 flavors to try and am working through them so see which ones I like best.

So this week I've been living on fruit and veg primarily, supplemented a little with protein drink, beans, nuts, and a very, very small amount of  grain or chocolate carbs.   I realized that even after I had stopped drinking coffee that i was still addicted to chocolate so needed to stop that addiction too. 

I realize it might be seen as if I am addicted to protein drinks now, but even if I am I have started to lose weight again and that is just such an enormous relief that I almost don't care.

Hello world of slim and healthy, I'm on the road again to a slender me, and that is such a huge relief!!

Home scale 181 lbs.
 

No comments: