11 February 2012

Goals

In the past I wrote about giving myself little rewards for accomplishing a certain amout of weight loss or meeting another goal.  I do keep setting new little goals for myself.  Sometimes I meet them faster than other times.  I try not to worry too much about it.  Just meet the goal, goals without time limits.

Today I weigh 165 pounds which is the lowest so far.   So I bought two things, a reward and a goal.  The reward was a little beaded cuff bracelet.  Its like one I spotted on pinterest that I liked.  I got for no specific reason other than this week was tough, it was tough to fight my overeating food disorder.  That really kicked in due to the nervousness of the divorce stuff. 

Through this whole fat loss journey one of the things I've been most surprised to discover is that at times I actually crave fat.  I thought it was sweets or salty foods that I craved but I realized its fats.  Sweet or salty, just high fat foods.  I'm so surprised to learn that is my main food craving when I feel bad. 

One of the goals that I met in the past was to wear belts again.   So the other thing I bought today was for another goal, a skinny belt in a size Large instead of an Extra Large. The Large fits at the furthest notch.  So I bought it as inspiration.  I plan to wear it over a cardigan with smooth sides; no fall-over layer of fat. 

Also good news is that my size 10 jeans fit well enough to wear in public and my size 12 pants fall off without a belt.  Even more good news is that my 1990s button-fly size 14 jeans fit easily AND my button-fly size 12 jeans fit easily too!!! So that's exciting.   The size I was wearing when I weighed ~130, before i gained that initial 60 lbs, was size 10 button-fly jeans.  So I'm getting there.   I'm excited for when I can wear my belted cardigan too.

There are still lots of goals for future hanging in my storage closet.  A pair of size 10 Guess skinny jeans from the 1980s when I weighed ~130.  Skirts from the 1980s size 10 and 12.  A cute plaid 1960s Wrangler shirt jacket that I found at a second hand shop.  But those will be a while still.  When I meet those goals, holy man, then I'll have really difficult goals to meet, to look good in swimsuits and little sleeveless tops.  I am excited for those upcoming days.

No comments: