30 December 2010

Overall Plan

My initial goal weight is 130 pounds.

As of the last week of December 2010 I finally reached 199 pounds, just under 200.

The first time I dieted was when I was 17 years old. For two weeks I weighed and measured everything I ate, and had 900 calories per day which included a small sliver of chocolate walnut fudge as my daily dessert. I rode my bicycle and walked all day. For two weeks my weight remained unchanged then one morning I woke up and had lost 10 pounds. So for the first time in my high school years I weighed less than 130 pounds. I weighed 125 pounds! And when I went clothes shopping I could fit into a size 34B bra instead of a 34C. I was in heaven. Other people noticed and remarked on how nice I looked.


When I was in college I joined Weight Watchers when I'd gotten as high as 145 pounds. It took 3 months to get down to 130 pounds. It was not the weight I wanted to reach but it was as long as I could maintain the obsessive writing down of everything I ate. The Weight Watchers leader was very influential, I still remember what she taught, she was intelligent and sensative and I respect her very much. She taught me that as a vegetarian cheese is my equivalent to red meat, the food I have to be most careful to use sparingly.

Since then every time I wanted to lose weight I felt I needed to rely on Weight Watchers so I joined and rejoined time and time again. I do respect the program and what I learned from them.

This time I do not want to rely on Weight Watchers, going to a gym, or anything else. This time I want to come up with a program where I am completely self-reliant. I do not want to have my success or failure influenced by whether or not I go to meetings, I want it to be based on how I consistently return to my plan.

So this plan is based on things I've learned from Weight Watchers and from what I can cull from internet sources.

I hope to lose 1 pound per week on average. Therefore I expect it to take 2 years to lose 100 pounds. My initial goal weight is 130 pounds, but hopefully I will be able to comfortably maintain 120 pounds, we'll see.

I started losing weight in August 2010, starting weight 221 pounds. So in 5 months I've lost 20 pounds! That's exciting!

My next goal is to lose another 20 pounds by the end of April 2011. Let's see how I do.

No comments: