Ok last week I gave up trying to lose weight by following a 1500-1800 calorie diet. I was only maintaining with that. In the past when I followed a 900-1200 calorie diet I lost weight but it seemed such a small amount of food, I didn't want to be stuck eating only that much for the rest of my life. So I upped it and gained back the same 5 lbs, up and down trial and error.
But last week I decided I probably do have to follow a 1000-1200 calorie diet in order to lose weight, and then probably to maintain it for the rest of my life too. That is worrying. It really is a very small amount of food. But I'm at this point around ~170 and above 170 is obese, and below 170 is overweight.
I need to get below 145, becuase ~145 and above is overweight, and below is average. So I need to get into average. I would love to meet my goal of 121. That would be wonderful! But before I can get there I have to get down below 145.
Last Thursday I weighed 167.5. I started following a 1000 calorie diet and after 4 days, on Monday I weighed 171.5, a gain of 4 lbs. I was miserable all day Monday, miserable. I'd been so hungry all weekend, and on Monday I could hardly think straight to get my work done, I was that distracted by hunger. So on Monday I ate protein supplements, protein bar for lunch, protein drink added to my pitcher of water, protein for dinner.
On Tueday I weighed 170. My hunger was less, so I ate more protein, protein smoothie for breakfast, protein drink added to my pitcher of water again, and protein for dinner. Lots of vegetables. But then Tuesday night I had been so upset that I made myself ill. I got my nice migrane headache which lead to me being sick, and sick again, and sick again until I had completely purged everything in my stomach. Apparently I had digested nothing during the day and it was all just sitting there, stewing, in my stomach.
Despite the discomfort and the disgusting taste and smell, I was actually happy with being sick. I didn't do it on purpose, but I thought well at least it will help me lose weight. And it did. Today I weigh 167. So down 1/2 pound, after one week of eating a meager 1000 calories a day. Great. How encouraging.
I am being sarcastic.
Oh, I'm also going to join Weight Watchers. Its never been long haul helpful in the past, but it has helped for short term weight loss. I am desperate.
But last week I decided I probably do have to follow a 1000-1200 calorie diet in order to lose weight, and then probably to maintain it for the rest of my life too. That is worrying. It really is a very small amount of food. But I'm at this point around ~170 and above 170 is obese, and below 170 is overweight.
I need to get below 145, becuase ~145 and above is overweight, and below is average. So I need to get into average. I would love to meet my goal of 121. That would be wonderful! But before I can get there I have to get down below 145.
Last Thursday I weighed 167.5. I started following a 1000 calorie diet and after 4 days, on Monday I weighed 171.5, a gain of 4 lbs. I was miserable all day Monday, miserable. I'd been so hungry all weekend, and on Monday I could hardly think straight to get my work done, I was that distracted by hunger. So on Monday I ate protein supplements, protein bar for lunch, protein drink added to my pitcher of water, protein for dinner.
On Tueday I weighed 170. My hunger was less, so I ate more protein, protein smoothie for breakfast, protein drink added to my pitcher of water again, and protein for dinner. Lots of vegetables. But then Tuesday night I had been so upset that I made myself ill. I got my nice migrane headache which lead to me being sick, and sick again, and sick again until I had completely purged everything in my stomach. Apparently I had digested nothing during the day and it was all just sitting there, stewing, in my stomach.
Despite the discomfort and the disgusting taste and smell, I was actually happy with being sick. I didn't do it on purpose, but I thought well at least it will help me lose weight. And it did. Today I weigh 167. So down 1/2 pound, after one week of eating a meager 1000 calories a day. Great. How encouraging.
I am being sarcastic.
Oh, I'm also going to join Weight Watchers. Its never been long haul helpful in the past, but it has helped for short term weight loss. I am desperate.

No comments:
Post a Comment